Quasar Institute for Advanced Design has long been developing an international exchange program, geared towards students from all over the world.
In the context of this effort to expand our frontiers, the Erasmus project couldn’t be missing, as in Europe it’s basically synonymous with internationalization of studies.
Our partnerships with important and prestigious European academies will enable us to become part of the Erasmus project starting from the 2018/2019 academic year, and to welcome students from every corner of the Old Continent. At the same time, it will allow our students to have this significant and wonderful experience, so important for their educational, professional and personal growth.
And the list of our partners is ever-growing!
ERASMUS+ Incoming Students
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport. It runs for seven years, from 2014 to 2020, with organisations invited to apply for funding each year for life-changing activities.
Erasmus+ aims to modernise education, training and youth work across Europe. It is open to education, training, youth and sport organisations across all sectors of lifelong learning, including school education, further and higher education, adult education and the youth sector.
• Erasmus Admissions Criteria
You can apply to the Quasar Institute for Advanced Design as an exchange student for one or two semesters in case your home university is a partner university of the Quasar Institute.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS
1. Your home university should first nominate you to the Office of International Relations of the Quasar Institute. The nominations should be sent to Erasmus@quasarinstitute.it
2. After your home university has nominated you to study at the Quasar Institute as an exchange student, you will receive an application form. There is no need to send a paper copy of the application.
3. At the end of the online application you will find the necessary documents to upload to your application: Transcript of Records (of your home university) and Learning Agreement. Your application is complete and will be processed only after you have followed all the steps of the application system and entered all the required information.
4. After we have received your application and your host department has approved your application, we will send you an Acceptance letter and information on living and studying in Rome.
• Academic Calendar
Semester 1 / Winter Semester: 15-31 October
Semester 2 / Summer Semester: 1-15 March
Winter Exam Session: 15/01 – 15/02
Summer Exam Session: 1/06 – 31/07
• Grading System
|Excellent performance, outstanding knowledge and skills (excellent)|
|Strong performance, good knowledge and skills (very good)|
|Above average performance, knowledge and skills (good)|
|Average performance, knowledge and skills with unessential shortcomings (highly satisfactory)|
|Below average performance, knowledge and skills with substantial shortcomings (satisfactory)|
|Knowledge and skills meet minimum criteria (sufficient)|
|Knowledge and skills do not meet minimum criteria / below minimum criteria (insufficient)|
• MEDICAL INSURANCE
Foreign students coming from the EU member countries and the countries of the European economic region should have the E 128 form, E 111 form or E-card (https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=559 ). The document type depends on the authorized insurance agency of the country of their origin. Namely, the students should contact the authorized insurance agency, where they have been insured, and ask for one of the above-mentioned forms. Students should have appropriate insurance coverage (also for accidents and liability) when coming to Italy.
Important – the European Health Insurance Card:
• is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover any private healthcare or costs such as a return flight to your home country or lost/stolen property,
• does not cover your costs if you are travelling for the express purpose of obtaining medical treatment,
• does not guarantee free services. As each country’s healthcare system is different services that cost nothing at home might not be free in another country.